May 7, 2018

Edmonton Pride Seniors Group Notes at SAGE – May 7, 2018

Attendees: Dave Gilbert, Blair MacKinnon Thais McKee, Michael Phair, Jan Schmitz, Eric Story, Laurie Winder.

Regrets: Sydney Goss (on leave), Tammy Horne, Larry Jewell, Ken MacDonald, Colin Simpson, Alvin Schrader, Robert Smith,

 

  1. Welcome and Introductions

 

  1. Intergenerational booklet/video – Unedited copy of the video was sent out. Here is the link. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z5mldmj7n2VVkg1viC3hVf2f7da8ZTms/view

Waiting for the city content to be provided by Diana in order to finish the project.  Our work on this is complete.

  1. Housing Feasibility Study Update – Age Friendly Edmonton has extended the contract. One more group session will be held this Saturday at the pride centre. Lynn will present greenhouse project options and will begin the discussion on income.  We will continue to look at options for partners.

CBC Winnipeg called Michael and advised that there is a group looking at senior pride housing.  Their information showed that the Ottawa movement has dissipated.

  1. Community Conversations Project – Two sessions were held on May 5 11:30 to 2:30 at Ashbourne and 4 to 7 at the pride centre. Ann did a good job facilitating and should have a report available in a couple of months. Jen Shaw took photos. A couple of short videos were shot after the session.  These will be used for our own records.  Five individuals expressed interest in volunteering to help organize another event with the focus on fun.  Blair and David will be available to serve and/or advise the volunteers. Michael will follow up with Ann and Lauren about the possibility of a future get together and of creating a facebook group.

 

 

  1. Website update – (epsg.ca) Eric need help with content. Jan will volunteer.

 

  1. GEF – Michael will follow up with GEF to determine what the next steps are for staff training. Laurie will see if Eric and Michael can be invited to speak at the quarterly Ab Continuing Care meeting in approximately 3 months.

 

  1. Next Initiatives – tabled till next meeting

 

  1. Other

Pride Centre – Collin has left the organization.  Kristy is temporarily managing the centre.

Pride Week – starts June 7, 2018

 

Next Meeting – Monday June 4, 2018 at 4:30 at SAGE.

NEXT NEXT MEETING – July 9/18

Next Next Meeting if required – August 13/18

Notes prepared by Jan Schmitz