Edmonton Pride Seniors Group Notes at SAGE – Mar 27, 2017
Attendees: Sydney Goss, Larry Jewell, Thais McKee, Michael Phair, Jan Schmitz, Robert Smith, Eric Story.
Regrets: Julian Daly, Dave Gilbert, Tammy Horne, Cameron Rycroft, Alvin Schrader, Mickey Wilson
- Welcome – Welcome.
- Brunch meeting – notes previously sent by email
- Learning Module
– The members discussed the changes at the Pride Centre.
– Michael will follow up with Kristy to make the power point presentation simpler
– Eric and Sydney presented the module and have suggestions for a presenter’s package. Eric will create a draft.
- Intergenerational Learning Update
– First session is postponed till April 5. Things are moving along. The Digital Centre is a great space for this project. Owen has been great to work with.
Eric and Robert met with Ingrid from the City. Ingrid has prepared a report to present to council on Apr 3. Michael will speak to it. All are welcome to attend the meeting.
Michael will meet with Minister Miranda at 4:45 on April 3.
Michael and Larry will present a session in Camrose in September.
Syd has a telephone meeting set for tomorrow night.
Eric suggested that the group have an email address through SAGE. Michael will attend to this.
A business card size advertisement was placed in the Edmonton Vocal Minority concert program.
The GBLTT Seniors Housing Steering Committee contact list was updated.
- Next Meeting – Monday May 1, 4:30pm at SAGE. Eric sends his regrets
Monday June 5, at 4:30 at SAGE.
Notes prepared by Jan Schmitz